Sunday, August 4, 2013

Training in the Mission

July 19, 2013 

Hey All!!!
 
    I hope that you all have had a fantastic week! Well for starters our elders left for Colorado Springs on Monday and we have been missing them like crazy! Its amazing how close you can ge to people in such a short amount of time. Then we still had two days of regular class with Sister Clark and Brother Starkie (my teachers). They are so fantastic and just so loving! I have felt so inspired by both of them and they care so much that they have been keeping in touch with us while we do training. Its been fantastic!
    So on our last day in class with Brother Sarkie we asked him to give us blessing because we didn't get one from our elders before the left. They were the most amazing blessings that I have ever heard! He was saying things that I know can only be from God. It was so amazing! Exactly what I needed! So then we went to Temple Square on Wednesday morning and took a tour of things that we will be doing there. It was really cool to just be a guest first. They didn't take us around to too many places because we were pressed for time. So now we just do class time on how to teach in a Visitor's Center. It has been kind of hard because we have so many sisters in our class so we don't really get one on one time. But we are still learning... I think. Ummm... Well tomorrow we go to the Square again, but this time they will be pairing us up with a sister there already and just throwing us into the work! ahhh!! Scary!!! Well I don't have much time because class is starting soon! I love you all and hope to hear back from you! I will hopefully be able to write more next time (i don't know when that will be). Keep up the faith! Remember that God loves you and is there for you always!! Love you tons!!!
 
Love,
    Sister Sara Snow


After dropping Sara at the MTC, we went to Idaho Falls to spend the 4th of July. When everyone else had to get back to work I (Suzanne or Mom) stayed to spend some quality time with my dad. On my way back to Texas, I stopped in SLC at the Family History Center to Sister Exline, a senior missionary from our branch in Texas. We crossed Temple Square and I had to stop to take some pictures and ponder where and how my daughter will be serving.
She will be in the shadow of the temple every day.

All tours meet the sisters
at the flagpole.


View of the Conference Center
from Temple Square

Picturing Sister Snow standing there waiting for a tour.

She will be giving tours of the Tabernacle.

The Gardens on Temple Square.
                                               What a peaceful wonderful place to be every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment