Saturday, August 17, 2013

Families Are Forever

August 13, 2013

Hey Everyone!


     So another week has gone by and I am still doing great! I still love being here. I just love everything about this place. Yeah sometimes people frustrate me, but that happens all over the place, so its all good. 

     I am trying to think of all the things that happened this last week. All the days and all the weeks are now just starting to blend together. Well I really love being in the Beehive House. We really get a chance to talk about families in that home. This last week we had some people go through that were "Guests" and we had the opportunity to talk about families and the importance of the temple and being able to have eternal families. One group had a mother and a daughter in it. There were two family groups and the others were a husband and a wife. The men tend to break the spirit, but while we were talking about having your family forever the mom and daughter got kinda teary eyes and I knew they were feeling the spirit as strong as we were. We gave them a "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and left them with a message. It was so special and I know that a seed was definitely planted! Then there was another group that we took through. There were two member (they were a husband and wife) and a Lady and her two sons (guests). So we talk about eternal families kinda through the whole thing, just that Brigham Young was such a family man and that family was so important to him, then at the end we really dive into it and try to invite the spirit to really help people. It was cool to watch the members faces as we were doing our missionary work in the Beehive house. We introduced "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". At first I was going to give one to just the mom, but each one of the boys wanted one too. They were only probably late teens. They were so into our message, and it was so exciting! I love the messages that we can leave with people from taking them through just a simple home, but it is so neat. 

     I just love being able to share the gospel through all sorts of different ways. Oh do part of being here we have to "pass off". We give our zone leaders a tour as if they are guests and they tell us how we did and then if i pass then I get to go to the Lion House for dinner! Yeah I totally passed off!!! It was a good experience, just like a normal tour. But it was really cool. My Zone leaders are awesome! Yeah so we have zones and districts here, just like any normal mission. It's pretty neat. Well I don't really know what else to say. So many things happen and I can't remember them all off the top of my head. I put them in my journal so I can look at them....But I don't have that with me right now, so, sorry.

     I love you all and hope you are doing great! Keep up you hard work and your faith. God loves you and is aware of you. He is there to help, you just have to let him in your life. 


Love, 
     Sister Sara Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment