Sunday, August 4, 2013

First Words from the MTC  

July 11, 2013 
Dear Family,
   Holy cow this has been such an intense week! Well first off our P-Day is on Thursday. So I am writing today :D They really just throw you into things when you first get here! I found out that we are actually here for three weeks not two. We have two week of like MTC training, then one week of visitors center training, which will actually be at temple square, so we get to train where we will be which is really awesome! 
    So I am in a trio and it is actually really fun! My companions are Sister Pien and Sister Cuevas. Sister Pien is from Montreal, Canada, but originally from Tai Pei, Taiwan! It is so much fun, because i get to speak Chinese with her some. Sister Cuevas is from Chicago and her parents are both from Mexico, so she is 100% Mexican and also speaks Spanish. We are sure an interesting group but we get along really well and I love these two Sisters so much! 
    So going back to the first day, they really do just throw you right into doing things. We were in a big group of missionaries and did like practice lessons with some investigators. So we were all working together to try to teach these people as if we were all each other's companion. It was a really neat experience. My favorite was Jose. He had a really hard life growing up in Guatemala. And he didn't understand that if god was so loving why did he lest such awful things happen. He didn't know that God loved him so much! It was so neat because as he was walking around looking at all of us that were in the room we asked if we believed that God love us. He looked right into my eyes and i knew he was asking me. As I answered him I was feeling so great like my heart would leap out of my chest, I was feeling so much for this man that I had just met! I told him that I KNEW God loved me and I told him how it took me a while to find that out and that it wasn't going to be some huge sign that God sends, but something small and for me its like a blanket of peace covers my heart. He then said that he would be willing to try. It was so amazing, and it really helped me so much!!!
    So the 4th wasn't too spectacular, but we did get to watch a movie. We watched 17 Miracles! oh so much spirit was in that room and I am so grateful for the faith that the pioneers had. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be where we are right now. We did get to go outside to watch the firework show from the stadium of fire. It was nice, but nothing like Idaho Falls fireworks! 
    They sure keep us busy all day every day! It really is fun though. I kind of feel like I may be having more fun than I should, but I just love being here and learning all theses things so much that it doesn't seem like difficult i guess. Oh but it is so hard! Like the hardest thing ever, but I'm so happy to be here. I am learning so much about the gospel and about people and everything. I know that the Lord is helping me, without Him right now, I know that I wouldn't be able to do all that I am doing. They really try to cram it all in and then throw us into teaching what we learn and that is helpful! 
   So our "investigator" is actually our teacher being an investigator, but it doesn't seem like we are teaching our teacher, he seems so real! Our investigator's name is Alec. His whole family are members and his dad is a stake president. He has always felt like pressured to get baptized, but never felt the need. One big thing that I have learned while teaching him is that we are there to teach him, not the lesson. We always go in there with a planned lesson, then we don't even get to it because the spirit takes over and we mostly just love him and learn about his concerns and share our testimonies with him. I guess we have really gotten through to him because we just committed him to baptism on Saturday!! Ahh it all seems so real! 
    The other day we were supposed to teach a real investigator through TRC, which is like practice, but we don't know if they are real investigators, less actives, or real members just acting. Its scary because its so real. But we went to our appointment and she wasn't there, so hopefully we get to teach her today. 
    Oh on Sunday we took a temple walk and took lots of pictures, I hope I can send some of them. I have such a great district. There are eight elders and us three sister. We have really become a family. Every night after planning we sing a primary song then pray and go to our residence halls. They are so much fun and funny and so spiritual. They are all going to Colorado Spring, Colorado. They leave on Monday and I will be so sad to see them go, but also so excited for them. 
    A big thing that I have learned is that we are here serving missions to help others, not ourselves, but others. Our purpose in to " Invite other to some unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." It is all about others and not about me. Remember that, its about helping others!
    There is so much more that I want to tell, but I don't know how to tell it all!! Oh my teachers are both so fantastic! Sister Clark and Brother Starkie! They really love us and want us to succeed and they show it. They teach us so much! I know the only way that I can be successful is through the Lord, without Him I am nothing, but with Him I am everything! I know this church is true and that what I am doing will help so many come unto Christ! I love you all so much and please write me!!
Love ya!!!!
  Sister Sara Snow :D
Sister Pien, Sister Snow, Sister Cuevas

First P-day - Provo Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment