Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Three Weeks on The Square

Sara's address is:

Sister Sara Suzanne Snow
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
50 North West Temple Street
Rm BSVC
Salt Lake City, UT  84150-1891

If you send a package that needs a phone number, use: 801-240-2011


Date: Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:26

Hey!!
     Wow, I really cannot believe that it is already week three of my first transfer. I only get my trainer for one transfer :( she goes outbound next transfer, but I will see her for a little when she comes back. So in this mission, since we are always on the square, or in the dealing with the square, we get two to three transfer where we get to serve somewhere else in the US. It is pretty cool, we actually get a second mission call. But we only find out where two days before we leave. Kind of crazy, but way cool. 

     Well this week was interesting. The days are really starting to blur together, and I can't really remember what all has happened. Well we are in the Beehive House so that's cool. I am really gaining an appreciation and a testimony of Brigham Young and all his hard work. He really was a great family man and I am coming to know that. He took great care of all of his family. We take a lot of people through his home and you would think that just taking someone through an old house is just a historical tour. With some people it is, but Sister Fonoifua and I have really been trying to make every tour a missionary opportunity. When you seek and ask for those opportunities, they do come. We have had some really great things happen there. We may not get people baptized, but we really are planting seeds and  know that we are doing good. Through the home there are great opportunities to bring up the temple an families, and how those are very important and key things to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so wonderful to see non-members faces light up when we talk about how families can really be together forever. I love it so much. I love the blessing of the temple and am continually learning at how important they are. 
     
     I am learning so much here. I feel like I am learning more than teaching, but I am still teaching so much! I really like when we have square time too and when we get to take tours. We take people to three highlights on the square and talk about them and share basic beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its really great to be able to enlighten people about what we know. And to tell the the truths and inform them of what we really do and what we really believe in rather that the assumptions. I love when people think they know things, but then its wrong and when they find out the truth, they can't say anything bad, its just interesting.

     Well I don't really have much else to say. I love you all and hope that you all keep up your faith. God loves you and want you to be the best you that you can be. 

With Love,
     Sister Sara Snow
"All the Pretty Horses" at the Pioneer Day Parade



"Shara" horses at the Parade 

Pretty Mules in the Parade

The four-legged creatures make any parade worth going to for Sara!
This is the entire zone: Temple Square East 1
They went to a girls camp this week and she said it was really fun.

In the lobby of the LDS Church Office Building (Isn't she cute!)

On top of the Church Office Building (COB)
All the rest are on top of the COB





With Sister Fonoifua on top of COB
The desert blossoming like a rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment