Sunday, August 4, 2013

Into the Mission & 3 Investigators

July 30, 2013 - The Last Shall be First and the First Shall be Last
 


Hello Wonderful People,
     What an amazing week here on Temple Square. So many things happened and I don't know if I will be able to write all of the wonderful things!! 
     Wednesday was Pioneer day. We got to watch the parade! It was so fun and great! I saw a lot of horses and that was really fun. So the zone that I am in is working and the Beehive House, so after the parade we were in the Beehive house for a while. Its amazing how many people want to come and see Brigham Young's home and learn about him. I am just intrigued by all of it. I love learning all about it and being able to connect everything within the home to the gospel. It is really strengthening my testimony of Brigham Young. Its so much fun! Every time that we have been in the Beehive House, it has been way busy. We have tour after tour and i got to jump in a little on my first day!! So crazy! 
     After Wednesday all the days kind of meshed together so I'm just gonna share things that happened. Well we were on chat one time (we have special time to be in the Teaching Center where we chat with people from mormon.org and answer phone calls and call our investigators and call referrals) and we were speaking with someone from Ireland! So cool! We came to find out that she was 13, so we needed her parent's permission so that we could continue to talk with her. We called there and she was totally fine with that! How cool! This girl is just interested in our faith and has no intention in converting (we'll see about that). She just want to become closer to God and Christ and likes how we view that. So she became my first investigator!!! So cool!!!
     Another day on chat a guy from the Philippines came on. At first we thought he was an anti because of the questions he was asking us, but then he started talking about how we wants to go to church and meet with the missionaries and he asked us how he could get baptized!! Second investigator!! We found the church closest to him and we called him a little after that and it was Sunday morning where he was and he was at the church waiting to meet with the missionaries! So golden! I am so happy for him. We are going to continue to check up on him to make sure the local missionaries are doing their job! LOL. 
     Yet another time on chat a real anti came on and was trying to convert me to his way of thinking, I just told him the truth and he said that he would never try that with me because I was so solid in my faith. It was great! We continued talking (oh he is from England) and I answered his questions as best I could and when it was time to go I asked if he would like to continue to learn and he said yeah. So we got his info and I have three investigators! And one going from anti to interested! Oh this church is so true and this work is so important! We just have to remember our purpose in our life and know that we are all God's children and he loves all of us the same. We need to show that love to all we come in contact with and always love one another!!
     Now to why the subject title says "The Last Shall Be First, and the First Shall Be Last". Well within the past few days we have taken two different Jewish couples around the Square. It is so amazing how interested they become when they realize the things that we know to be true. I really wish that we could continue to teach them, but one of the couples is moving back to Israel and we can't teach anyone from there. But it really got be to thinking how close the second coming is. The first are the last and they are starting to receive the gospel. It is so amazing and again reminds me of how important this work is and how thankful I am to be a part of this work! Wow, this mission is so great! We really do see miracles every day. 
     The Church is true! I love my savior! He loves me and he loves you!! Amen!!!

Love,
     Sister Sara Snow
Daddy-daughter date just before we left Texas - end of June.

(I hated to not add a picture. Sara didn't send any.)

No comments:

Post a Comment