Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Monday? / Conference 10/7/13

October 7, 2013

Hey Ya'll!

     How are my favorite people doing? I love hearing from anyone and everyone, oh and hand written letters are great too! It is always fun to see mail. Anyway. enough about how I want people to write me, Conference was great huh!!! We didn't get a chance to listen to all of it, but we got to go to the Sunday afternoon session, which was so great! I can't wait to read all the talks! It seemed like such an inspired conference, but aren't they all! Ah, so wonderful to get to hear from our beloved prophet and other great leaders of the church! 

     So I am sure that you are all curious as to what Temple Square sisters do during conference. Well we are on the square by 7:30 in the morning and start talking to people. We mostly talk with members these two days because of obvious reasons. But it is neat, because everyone could use some uplifting. Also we try to get referrals because, as you know, every member a missionary, and we can help! It is so cool here at Temple Square because we do get to call people from all over the world, so if there is anyone anywhere who speaks any language, we can help! I love it. So we educate the members about what we do. We are not here to replace local missionaries, we are here to help them. You know, some people don't want missionaries in their homes, but they are okay with a phone call, So we do that and its awesome! We also are the missionaries on the mormon.org chat (now don't go on there looking for me!). We do the same work, just in a different way and I love it. So we just get information of people that we can help and teach and uplift. Then we go home at 9:30. So long days, but so worth it. We also got to talk to a lot of different people who come here from all over the world, just for conference! Incredible! 

     Well that is about all I have, since I wrote just a couple of days ago. So I have monday p-day for today and at least next week. I don't know about after that, but I will let you know. Things are kind of confusing because my companion is leaving back to her mission in NY tomorrow (which is a week before transfers). SO that's why I am writing today! Well I love you and hope you all enjoyed hearing the words that God would have us hear from his chosen leaders for today! Have a great week! Love you all so much!!

Love, 
     Sister Sara Snow

Sara on the Conference Center grounds

Sara on Temple Square with cousin Chelsey

Sara with cousin Danielle

Sara with friend Kelly

Sara with her Aunt Mary, Uncle Dave, cousin Danielle & her husband JK


No comments:

Post a Comment